Wir freuen uns auf Deine Bewerbung
Position Title: Engineer
Location: Humble, TX or potentially remote
Date Revised: March 7th, 2022
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Engineering Manager
Schedule: Typically 8am – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday, with some weekends and shift work. Usually 40 hours/week with 30 minutes / 1 hour lunch break unless arrangements have been agreed to by the employer and the employee. 75% Travel required.
Electrical Engineer Summary
This position will be part of the Global Engineering Team made up of wind turbine specialists on various platform types. The role will specifically support the US entity by providing Engineering expertise, in addition to general support to the onsite repair teams as needed. The focus of this position is to ensure a successful operations strategy in coordination with the global specialist team. Some initial support for the build-up of the local market can be expected and will be supported by the global team.
Deutsche Windtechnik Culture: At Deutsche-Windtechnik what sets us apart is our intense focus on our customer, employees and culture. Our Mission is To be the most trusted O&M partner to wind farm owners while Our Vision is to empower the Americas‘ achievement of 100% renewable energy, one wind turbine at a time. How to we accomplish this? By Building a team and a culture with the core values that are Transparent, Innovative, Guide (advisor and partner), Efficient (cost conscious) and Rapid (agile and bold).
· Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals
· Write routine reports and correspondence
· Understand and follow customary instructions in order to perform the essential functions of the position in a satisfactory manner
· Read and interpret blueprints and schematics
· Solve complex problems involving several concrete variables in standardized and non-standardized situations
· Work with minimal supervision, given proper instructions
· Conduct and document complex troubleshooting and root cause analysis
PHYSICAL DEMAND CLASSIFICATION:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must be capable of lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Employee must be physically fit enough to free climb 250 ft multiple times a day while wearing 25+ lbs of climbing gear under extraordinary weather conditions. Must be capable of rescuing teammate anywhere in tower in the event of emergency. Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions.
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS:
· Support expert wind turbine electrical engineering related tasks with special focus on:
· Converter Systems
· Turbine Control systems (PLC based platform)
· Conduct 1st and 2nd level support trouble shooting, fault analysis and investigation
· Remote fault analysis and error investigation
· Develop, maintain and update work instructions, maintenance and repair strategies as required to be used on wind farms in the US
· Lead and support on all technical root cause analysis for component failures
· Conduct repair reports to ensure repairs are performed to Deutsche Windtechnik’s quality standards with the appropriate processes and materials
· Analyze fleet performance data to increase mean time between errors
· Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops that are relevant to the wind industry
· Support supply chain as needed to find qualified vendors for turbine parts in the US
· Develop and implement the strategic and tactical plans necessary to achieve internal cost reduction goals
· Assist with any SCADA related topics in collaboration with HQ engineering team
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE and Skills:
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related subject
· At least 2 years technical experiences;
· Good knowledge of converter systems and PLCs
· Good knowledge of system design expanding technical knowledge
· Strong health and safety knowledge and awareness;
· Valid driver’s license
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Ability to support in creating written instructions
· Able to pass a physical exam and drug/alcohol screening
· Able to adapt to new technical situations quickly, and and think outside the box to find innovative solutions with minimal guidance
EQUIPMENT, MACHINES, TOOLS USED:
Oscilloscope, fluke meter, Mitsubishi turbine controller/terminal, torque wrench, computer, SCADA system, scanner, printer, cell phone, copier
DESCRIPTION OF WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; particulate matter and outside weather conditions. The employee can be exposed to risks of electrical hazards. The employee is occasionally exposed to hazardous chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee filling this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by management. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this job description. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Deutsche Windtechnik is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination.
Whenever employees are working, operating DWT supplied vehicles, on DWT premises, or are conducting DWT related work off-site, they are prohibited from:
Humble, United States