Wir freuen uns auf Deine Bewerbung
Regional Business Development Manager
Deutsche Windtechnik is Germany’s largest Independent Service Provider, offering a comprehensive service package for Wind Turbine Generators (WTG) from one single source.
What makes us stand out from other service companies? We offer everything from A to Z and match that with a passion for all technical services related to wind power. The objective of our engineers and technicians is to individually increase efficiency and to keep availability high at all times. It is our objective to achieve the best-possible technical operation for our client’s systems and in turn offer cost-effective solutions.
We do everything possible to keep the wind turbines up and running and improve their performance, for the long term.
Deutsche Windtechnik is in its third year of operations in the United States, and is headquartered just outside Houston, TX. As the largest and most reputable independent service provider in Germany, it is our objective to transfer and improve the same level of quality, safety, efficiency and customer service to the US market. Deutsche Windtechnik aims to become the strongest independent service provider in the US within the next 5 years, and you can be part of this success!
Location: Remote with travel throughout the United States, and potentially to Canada or Europe
Date Revised: August 4th, 2021
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Director of Sales
Full-time, typically between the hours of 8am – 5pm, Monday through Friday. Flexibility to work weekends and/or evenings to fulfill job duties is expected.
This position is responsible for pursuing all sales and business development activities for Deutsche Windtechnik in the USA. This will include customer acquisition and visits, leadership and management of large O&M tenders, preparation of offers and representation of Deutsche Windtechnik at conferences and trade shows. This will include client visits, and may require considerable travel depending on office location.
DEUTSCHE WINDTECHNIK CULTURE:
At Deutsche-Windtechnik, what sets us apart is our intense focus on our customer, employees and culture. Our Mission is to be the most trusted O&M partner to wind farm owners while our Vision is to empower the Americas’ achievement of 100% renewable energy, one wind turbine at a time. How to we accomplish this? By building a team and a culture with the core values that are Transparent, Innovative, Guiding (advisor and partner), Efficient (cost conscious) and Rapid (agile and bold).
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as requests for proposal, contracts, operating and procedures manuals.
· Ability to write reports, client bids, business plans, and internal and client-oriented correspondence.
· Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions in order to perform the essential functions of the position in a satisfactory manner.
· Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in non-standardized and fast-paced situations.
· Ability to work without supervision
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT CLASSIFICATION:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, bend and sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must be capable of lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS:
· Develop solid relationships with current customers, potential customers, vendors and distributors, as well as sales and marketing teams
· Develop in-depth knowledge of company offerings to identify profitable business opportunities
· Contribute to the strategy development and orientation of DWT in the USA
· Drive profitable growth of new and existing business
· Research emerging trends and provide market analysis and monitoring
· Participate negotiations and conclusion of complex O&M contracts, and ensure their profitability
· Monitor, analyze, and report on client investments
· Provide services and support for customers
· Perform service project calculations
· Act as customer focal point
· Ensure customer service and satisfaction
· Maintenance of current business and development of growth opportunities
· Assist in developing and operational implementation of sales strategies in the US market
· Preparation of required bid documentation to participate in project tenders
· Market analysis and monitoring
· Expansion of new and existing business
EQUIPMENT, MACHINES, TOOLS USED:
High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and operation of office equipment (computers, tablets, cell phone, copier, etc.)
DESCRIPTION OF WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Duties performed in a climate-controlled office environment, with frequent visits to operational sites where there may be exposure to the elements.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee filling this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by management. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this job description. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Deutsche Windtechnik is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a business development, sales or account management role, preferably in the US onshore wind industry.
· You are a talented and natural leader with:
o A high level of technical understanding
o A proven track record of generating new business and achieving profitable growth
o Excellent relationship development and management skills to build both internal and external relationships
o Strong negotiation, communication and persuasion skills
o Strong organizational and strategic planning skills
o Detail orientation and high quality standards for your work
o A hands-on approach to challenges
o A team player mentality
o The ability to work independently
o A pro-active attitude
o Above-average motivation and commitment
o Familiarity with MS Office and modern ERP systems
o Start-up experience (preferred)
Humble, United States