Wind Turbine Technician - South Wales
The wind turbine technician will be responsible for the routine preventative maintenance on wind turbine, mechanical, electrical, gearbox and hydraulic systems. Unscheduled maintenance and carry out retrofits along with emergency breakdown and major component exchanges are also a key responsibility.
Duties and responsibilities
A wind turbine technician is responsible for the following:
- The provision of preventative and corrective maintenance on wind turbines as per Deutsche Windtechnik instructions
- Completion of all relevant paperwork, including work order cards, checklists, AWPs etc.
- Lead a team of technicians ensuring all health and safety procedures are followed
- Replacement of major turbine components e.g. generators and gearboxes
- Troubleshoot on mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems
- Assist in all areas of site operations
- Provide safe access and egress to all people in the work party
- Establish and maintain general safety from the system
- Comply with customer site rules
- Report all incidents and occurrences as per Deutsche Windtechnik company Health and Safety policy
- Partake in rota for on call cover on weekends and bank holidays, as required
- Supporting sites in Mid Wales as required
As a minimum the candidate should have or be working towards:
- Relevant formal qualifications (electrical, mechanical etc) and/or comprehensive experience in a relevant industry
- Ideally three years of hydraulic, electrical, or mechanical experience in an industrial environment e.g. wind farms, power stations, industrial process plant or similar heavy engineering maintenance environments
- Valid driving licence
Candidates will preferably have:
- Valid health and safety certificates
- IT proficient on MS Suite
The following attributes are required in all candidates
- Teamwork and collaboration
- The ability to work at heights
- Willingness to work in adverse weather conditions
- Strategic and analytical thinker
- Problem solving
- Willingness to travel on regular basis
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
We offer ...
- Private Pension
- Health Insurance
- Company events
- hallenging and interesting tasks with good development opportunities in a dynamic business environment
- A comprehensive and individual training for the best possible start
Have we sparked your interest?
If so, we would like to get to know you!
Apply online at: https://www.deutsche-windtechnik.com/jobs
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications we are unable to get in contact with all applicants. If you have not heard from us within three weeks of applying, please assume that your application has not been successful.