Team lead - Cornwall
The team lead will be a working member of the team (Authorised Technician), overseeing technicians on a day to day basis and be the first point of contact on site supporting Area Managers and Supervisor.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist to co-ordinate all aspects of the works and securing the technicians timely completion of all related paperwork, review and filing AWP, service checklists and service reports.
- Support and liaise with area supervisor, area manager, technicians, office employees and planner / coordinator to ensure that all KPI’s are on track.
- Participate and carry out as required, daily and weekly team meetings encouraging communication, engagement and continuous improvement within the team
- Offer support to ensure that the site is operating as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Support continuous improvement at all times.
- Carry out quality inspections of vehicles and tooling on a weekly basis to ensure that they meet required standards.
- Act as point of contact for all site issues that may arise and communicate these to relevant person
- Support area supervisor/ area manager on a daily basis across all aspects of the business, providing them with leadership support and assistance as required
- Work closely with Area Supervisor and Area Manager to support and offer suggestions with team motivation, performance.
- Ensure WTSRs are being followed by technicians at all times.
- Represent the company in a professional and proactive manner in all dealings.
- Support and Liaise with Area Supervisor and Area Manager to help support Site Engineer, Planner / Coordinator and other support function on Maintenance, repair and inspection of turbines including: troubleshooting, fault finding and support of complex repair processes
- Assist Site Supervisor and Area Manager with feedback on poor performance and high performance.
- Support area manager/ supervisor with inspection and analysis of weekly timesheets.
- Request job cards and parts ordering for planned maintenance and support technicians when required.
- Send over service checklists and snagging lists to Planner / Coordinator
- Take ownership of site stores. Ensuring that all technicians keep this organised and sufficient housekeeping at all times. Liaise weekly with Area Supervisor/ Area Manager and Stock Controller to ensure sufficient stock levels.
- Update and maintain Rotosoft on a daily basis
- Close out of PIAX and detail exact consumption for all work. (Ie correct and all parts consumed against each job)
As a minimum the candidate should have or be working towards:
- Relevant formal qualifications (electrical, mechanical etc) and/or comprehensive experience in a relevant industry
- Ideally three years of hydraulic, electrical, or mechanical experience in an industrial environment e.g. wind farms, power stations, industrial process plant or similar heavy engineering maintenance environments
- Valid driving licence
Candidates will preferably have:
- Valid health and safety certificates
- IT proficient on MS Suite
- Honest, reliable and proactive individual
- Excellent organisational skills
- Embrace personal challenge
- Confident, rounded thinking
- Communicate with clarity and demonstrate excellence in approach to work and people activities
- Is self-aware, resilient, optimistic and open to change
- High levels of motivation and action orientated
- Engages interest and participation of others and has a collaborative approach to working together.
We offer ...
- Private Pension
- Health Insurance
- Company events
- Challenging and interesting tasks with good development opportunities in a dynamic business environment
- A comprehensive and individual training for the best possible start
Have we sparked your interest?
If so, we would like to get to know you!
Apply online at: https://www.deutsche-windtechnik.com/jobs
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications we are unable to get in contact with all applicants. If you have not heard from us within three weeks of applying, please assume that your application has not been successful.