We look forward to receiving your application
Deutsche Windtechnik is Germany’s largest Independent Service Provider, offering a comprehensive service package for Wind Turbine Generators (WTG) from one single source.
What makes us stand out from other service companies? We offer everything from A to Z and match that with a passion for all technical services related to wind power. The objective of our engineers and technicians is to individually increase efficiency and to keep availability high at all times. It is our objective to achieve the best-possible technical operation for our client’s systems and in turn offer cost-effective solutions.
We do everything possible to keep the wind turbines up and running and improve their performance, for the long term.
Deutsche Windtechnik is in its third year of operations in the United States, and is headquartered just outside Houston, TX with a Customer Service Office in San Angelo, TX. As the largest and most reputable independent service provider in Germany, it is our objective to transfer and improve the same level of quality, safety, efficiency and customer service to the US market. Deutsche Windtechnik aims to become the strongest independent service provider in the US within the next 5 years, and you can be part of this success!
Typically 7am – 4:30pm, Monday through Friday, some weekends and shift work. Usually 40 hours/week with 30 minutes / 1 hour lunch break unless arrangements have been agreed to by the employer and the employee. 20 – 30 % Travel required.
Senior Field Technician will oversee performed maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of wind turbine mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems, understand schematic and use appropriate diagnostic tools. The successful candidate will interpret fault reports, maintain power generation reports, service logs in the computer database, and monitor turbine performance.
SENIOR FIELD TECHNICIAN SUMMARY
Senior Field Technician will work independently and essentially perform all mechanical maintenance, troubleshooting, and retrofit activities. Senior Field Technician will have completed advanced electrical and mechanical OEM or Deutsche-Windtechnik courses. Senior Field Technician will serve as the in-charge person or temporary team leader for their respective work team, as well as provide leadership and technical direction. Senior Field Technician should possess excellent customer relationship, advanced leadership and management skills. Must have advanced skills in a particular category a site or project leadership position.
DEUTSCHE WINDTECHNIK CULTURE:
At Deutsche-Windtechnik what sets us apart is our intense focus on our customer, employees and culture. Our Mission is To be the most trusted O&M partner to wind farm owners while Our Vision is to empower the Americas‘ achievement of 100% renewable energy, one wind turbine at a time. How to we accomplish this? By building a team and a culture with the core values that are Transparent, Innovative, Guide (advisor and partner), Efficient (cost conscious) and Rapid (agile and bold).
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Ability to understand and follow customary instructions in order to perform the essential functions of the position in a satisfactory manner.
· Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics.
· Ability to solve complex problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision, given proper instructions.
PHYSICAL DEMAND CLASSIFICATION:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must be capable of lifting and/or moving up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Employee must be physically fit enough to free climb 250 ft multiple times a day while wearing 25+ lbs of climbing gear under extraordinary weather conditions. Must be capable of rescuing team mate anywhere in tower in the event of emergency. Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions.
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS:
· The provision of preventative and corrective maintenance on Siemens 2.3 and 3.0DD wind turbines as per DWT instructions
· Completion of all relevant paperwork, including work order cards, checklists, AWPs etc.
· Ensure all health and safety procedures are followed
· Assist and help lead Large Corrective teams with replacement of major turbine components e.g. generators and gearboxes
· Troubleshoot on mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems
· Assist in all areas of site operations
· Provide safe access and egress to all people in the work party
· Establish and maintain general safety from the system / Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO)
· Comply with DWT Policies and Procedures and customer site rules direct all Wind farm operations at the site for maintenance and repair, focusing on performance and profitability and within the framework of the Operating Plan.
· Develop strategy for improved maintenance diagnostic and operation to provide additional customer value and reduce cost of service
Recognizes occurrences of wind turbine error codes and appropriately reports the problem.
· Direct the performance of Wind Field Operation within assigned contractual scope of responsibilities to customers
Demonstrate responsibility for all phases of timely financial reporting, elimination of contractual liquid damages, and availability of turbines
Maintains adherence to Company policies, safety standards and good housekeeping practices.
· Maintains proper care of Company tools and vehicles.
· Demonstrates the ability to learn advanced troubleshooting and repair of the wind turbines.
· Work closely with internal team members to develop and implement Operation focused feedback for configuration, planned and unplanned maintenance, and financials
· Report all incidents and occurrences as per Deutsche Windtechnik Company Health and Safety policy.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
· High School Graduate / GED
· Bachelor’s or Equivalent Experience
· 6-10 years’ experience as a Wind Turbine Technician
· Valid driving license (NON CDL / CDL)
· Must be able to pass a physical exam and drug/alcohol screening.
· Must be able to climb and work a top freestanding wind turbine towers that exceed 250 feet in height.
EQUIPMENT, MACHINES, TOOLS USED:
Electrical Testing Equipment, Torque Wrench, Crane Rigging, Scada Systems, Computer, Computer Software, Scanner, Printer, Telephone, Copier, Fax Machine
DESCRIPTION OF WORK ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; particulate matter and outside weather conditions. The employee can be exposed to risks of electrical hazards. The employee is occasionally exposed to hazardous chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee filling this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by management. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this job description. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Deutsche Windtechnik is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination.
Whenever employees are working, operating DWT supplied vehicles, on DWT premises, or are conducting DWT related work off-site, they are prohibited from:
Through UnitedHealthcare, UMR and HealthSCOPE Benefits creates and publishes the Machine-Readable Files on behalf of Deutsche Windtechnik.
To link to the Machine-Readable Files, please click on the URL provided: https://transparency-in-coverage.uhc.com/
Roscoe, United States