Human Resources Advisor
Deutsche Wuindtechnik is Germany’s largest Independent Service Provider offering a comprehensive service package for Wind Turbine Generators (WTG) from one single source. With more than 7,600 WTGs under contract and more than 2,000 employees operating in several European countries, Deutsche Windtechnik sets the bar for Independent Service Provider services in the European wind energy sector.
What makes us stand out from other service companies? We offer everything from A to Z and match that with a passion for all technical services related to wind power. The objective of our engineers and technicians is to individually increase efficiency and to keep availability high at all times. It is our objective to achieve the best-possible technical operation for our client’s systems and in turn offering cost-effective solutions.
We do everything possible to keep the wind turbines up and running and improve their performance, for the long term.
In 2015, Deutsche Windtechnik entered the UK market and now has over 640 WTG’s/700MW under Service & Maintenance contracts, our aim being to expand further into both onshore and offshore markets. Deutsche Windtechnik Ltd‘s head office is located in Edinburgh.
You will work closely with all departments in the UK and other group companies to ensure we are providing a level of service expected from a market leader. Although the majority of your time will be spent working in the UK you may be expected to spend some periods working with colleagues in Germany and in other Deutsche Windtechnik group countries.
An HR advisor is important for the day-to-day functioning of the HR department, taking an advisory role on best practices for recruitment and retention of staff as well as general HR services.
The role requires communicating with stakeholders at all levels of the business therefore strong interpersonal and confident communication skills are essential. The generalist HR advisor must be robust in their approach to deal with strong characters.
Duties and responsibilities
- To ensure Health & Safety is always the number one priority
- To align the company’s mission, vision and values in the HR strategy
- To be an integral support to the management team by developing effective working relationships, influencing, challenging the respective line managers on their personal style and the development and delivery of their people plans in support of the achievement of the business area and overall business strategies.
- Equip respective line managers with appropriate tools and knowledge to effectively manage their people in line with their legal obligations and their departmental plans e.g. employment status, inductions and on-boarding paperwork, performance management, absence management, training, HR administration and record keeping.
- Provide support on the research, design and development of HR initiatives and policies in support of the HR strategy.
- Provide coaching to managers on people management matters.
- Ensure the effective use of HR analytics data in order to help the business make informed decisions.
- Lead on case management, which will include providing advice, guidance and support, producing associated paperwork for cases and ensuring cases are managed in line with HR Policy.
- Provide advice and lead on change management initiatives, organisational/departmental restructures / job descriptions / outsourcing / TUPE transfers / redundancy situations etc. in order to meet legislative requirements and Company policy objectives.
- Work in partnership with respective line managers to manage employee relations issues within designated departments. Build management responsibility and capability for managing employee relations issues.
- In association with the Head of HR, monitor, interpret and implement all relevant new and revised legislation including developments to policy and procedure, ensuring that significant changes are communicated to colleagues and line management in the most appropriate manner.
- Assist in embedding a performance management culture within designated departments as a means of driving business improvement by ensuring clear objectives, feedback and the improvement of customer service through behaviors aligned with our values.
- Contribute to the development of the wider HR strategy in close liaison with the Head of HR.
- Support the business areas with the management development of their people, providing advice, guidance and ad-hoc training on Personal Development Plans and work with the designated departments to establish and introduce systems that identify employees with high potential, develop career paths in consideration of key roles for succession planning and self-development.
- Support the Head of HR with business specific related activities.
- Undertake ad hoc project work to address topical issues or impending statutory requirements.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure strong partnerships and knowledge sharing.
- Provide advice and guidance on occupational health referrals, absence management issues and return to work cases to managers.
- Maintain accurate records to support the provision of monthly management information for wider business such as recruitment and absence.
- Provide support and advice and lead on Recruitment and Selection processes which includes temporary and permanent roles, including legislative requirements, Company policy, eligibility checks and coaching and supporting line managers to attract the best talent possible. Create job description, advertising, and post evaluations, including on-boarding
- Lead on the annual engagement survey and action plan.
- Lead on payroll activities
- Lead on pension and health insurance activities
- A relevant professional qualification and membership of CIPD is essential
- Experience of working within an HR environment providing support, advice and guidance on people related matters.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of case management.
- Be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal, influencing skills, and be able to negotiate effectively
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work to deadlines.
- Experience of managing and advising on recruitment
- Experience of compiling and presenting reports and analysing data
- A full driving license, as travelling to remote locations or without public transport links may be needed.
Das bieten wir
- Private Pension
- Health Insurance
- Company events
- Challenging and interesting tasks with good development opportunities in a dynamic business environment
- A comprehensive and individual training for the best possible start
Have we sparked your interest?
If so, we would like to get to know you!
Apply online at: https://www.deutsche-windtechnik.com/jobs
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications we are unable to get in contact with all applicants. If you have not heard from us within three weeks of applying, please assume that your application has not been successful.