Wir freuen uns auf Deine Bewerbung
Technical and EHS Trainer
Deutsche Windtechnik is Germany’s largest Independent Service Provider, offering a comprehensive service package for Wind Turbine Generators (WTG) from one single source.
What makes us stand out from other service companies? We offer everything from A to Z and match that with a passion for all technical services related to wind power. The objective of our engineers and technicians is to individually increase efficiency and to keep availability high at all times. It is our objective to achieve the best-possible technical operation for our client’s systems and in turn offer cost-effective solutions.
We do everything possible to keep the wind turbines up and running and improve their performance, for the long term.
Deutsche Windtechnik is in its third year of operations in the United States, and is headquartered just outside Houston, TX. As the largest and most reputable independent service provider in Germany, it is our objective to transfer and improve the same level of quality, safety, efficiency and customer service to the US market. Deutsche Windtechnik aims to become the strongest independent service provider in the US within the next 5 years, and you can be part of this success!
Position Title: Technical and EHS Trainer
Location: Humble TX office
Reports To: Training Manager
Direct Reports: not applicable
FLSA Status: Exempt
Date Revised: December 26th, 2021
This role is a salaried full-time position, typically between the hours of 8am – 4:30pm, Monday through Friday. Usually 40+ hours/week.
The Technical and EHS Trainer will be a key member of the US training organization and will interface heavily with our Operations and Safety teams. This role is responsible for the development of training for personnel new to the wind industry, technical turbine training, and safety-specific training for the organization. This individual will be required to develop training modules, job performance measures, and systems for the evaluation of technical and safety related expertise and competencies. Progress will be tracked in the company’s online Learning Management System (LMS). This role will also be required to provide Operations and Quality function support. Extensive travel will at times be required.
DEUTSCHE WINDTECHNIK CULTURE:
At Deutsche Windtechnik, what sets us apart is our intense focus on our customer, employees and culture. Our Mission is to be the most trusted O&M partner to wind farm owners while our Vision is to empower the Americas’ achievement of 100% renewable energy, one wind turbine at a time. How to we accomplish this? By building a team and a culture with the core values that are Transparent, Innovative, Guiding (advisor and partner), Efficient (cost conscious) and Rapid (agile and bold).
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Mastery of the principles of adult learning
· Proven ability to convey new concepts clearly and effectively in individual or group presentation settings
· Ability to evaluate and research training options and alternatives
· Ability to grasp and execute the principles of continuous improvement
· Ability to climb wind turbines and work at heights when necessary
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, bend and sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must be capable of lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds and climb 260ft+ ladders within wind turbines
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS:
· Develop all Basic Wind Turbine Technician training content for US training program
· Deliver new hire EHS training and assess technician competencies related to DWT’s EHS policies and OSHA regulatory requirements.
· Assist in development of DWT training facility, including construction of real world training devices i.e. live Hydraulic station, latching circuits, control panels, etc.
· Interface with Training Coordinator for scheduling of in-classroom or in-field training
· Develop and organize training modules, Job Performance Measures (JPM’s), approach distance cards, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials in support of Wind Turbine platform training and safety modules
· Plan, develop, and provide training and staff development programs, using knowledge of the effectiveness of methods such as classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings, conferences, and workshops
· Work closely with EHS Dept. in the development and delivery of training materials to instill a strong safety culture in the organization’s training courses
· Work closely with the Quality Team to promote continuous improvement within the organization
· Travel to remote worksite locations for on-site training
· Perform skills assessments of personnel being brought into company in support and develop curriculum tailored to meet company tech level progression
· Develop testing and evaluation procedures
· Support company internal rope rescue training program and advanced rescue program
· Support the Global training team as needed
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
· 5 years of experience in a similar role or a combination of knowledge and experience with wind turbine operations and maintenance and/or training programs within the Wind Industry, and knowledge of:
o Handheld meters (DMM, Megger, and AmpClamp)
o Converters (Converteam, Woodward, GE), a plus
o Electrical Theory
o Hydraulic Theory
o Electrical Hazard Recognition (Arc Flash Analysis and Mitigation)
o Lockout/Tagout and Device Identification
o Basic and Advanced Troubleshooting
o Basic and Advanced Turbine Operations
o Teaching in the field as well as classroom setting
· Good knowledge of MS Office products (WORD,EXCEL, and POWERPOINT)
· Good writing skills
· Good presentation skills
· Ability to work with (or willingness to learn to use) Articulate e-Learning development software
· Ability to climb wind turbines and work at height when necessary
· Ability to travel 25-35% of the time, if needed, including international travel. Travel does not usually include weekend travel.
EQUIPMENT, MACHINES, TOOLS USED:
Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, (word, excel, power point, etc.) and operation of office equipment (computers, tablets, cell phone, copier, etc.). Good operational knowledge of torqueing, electrical testing and other equipment a plus.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Duties may be performed in a climate-controlled office or training center environment, as well as in diverse weather conditions in non-climate controlled training spaces, and when traveling to a windfarm and working within the wind turbines themselves.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee filling this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by management. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this job description. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Deutsche Windtechnik is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination.
Humble, United States