Wir freuen uns auf Deine Bewerbung
Deutsche Windtechnik is Germany’s largest Independent Service Provider offering a comprehensive service package for Wind Turbine Generators (WTG) from one single source.
What makes us stand out from other service companies? We offer everything from A to Z and match that with a passion for all technical services related to wind power. The objective of our engineers and technicians is to individually increase efficiency and to keep availability high at all times. It is our objective to achieve the best-possible technical operation for our client’s systems and in turn offering cost-effective solutions.
We do everything possible to keep the wind turbines up and running and improve their performance, for the long term.
Deutsche Windtechnik has recently entered the US market and is headquartered in Houston, TX. As the largest and reputable independent service provider in Germany it is our objective to transfer and improve the same level of quality, safety, efficiency and customer service to the US market. Deutsche Windtechnik aims to become the strongest independent service provider in the US within the next 5 years and you can be part of this success.
Deutsche Windtechnik is opening a Customer Service Office in San Angelo, TX. San Angelo will be the 1st CSO as we regionalize the US market.
Position Title: Engineer
Location: Houston HQTRS
Date Revised: January 17, 2019
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Director of Operations
Schedule: Typically 8am – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday, some weekends and shift work. Usually 40 hours/week with 30 minutes / 1 hour lunch break unless arrangements have been agreed to by the employer and the employee. 75% Travel required.
Site Engineer Summary
This position will be part of the Global Engineering Team formed by wind turbine specialists on various platform types. The role will specifically support the US entity by providing Engineering expertise, as well as providing general support to the onsite repair teams as needed. The focus of this position is to ensure a successful operations strategy in coordination with the global specialist team. Some initial support for the build-up of the local market can be expected and will be supported by the global team.
Deutsche Windtechnik Culture: At Deutsche-Windtechnik what sets us apart is our intense focus on our customer, employees and culture. Our Mission is To be the most trusted O&M partner to wind farm owners while Our Vision is to empower the Americas‘ achievement of 100% renewable energy, one wind turbine at a time. How to we accomplish this? By Building a team and a culture with the core values that are Transparent, Innovative, Guide (advisor and partner), Efficient (cost conscious) and Rapid (agile and bold).
· Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
· Write routine reports and correspondence.
· Understand and follow customary instructions in order to perform the essential functions of the position in a satisfactory manner.
· Read and interpret blueprints and schematics.
· Complex problem solving involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
· Work with minimal supervision, given proper instructions.
PHYSICAL DEMAND CLASSIFICATION: Must be physically fit enough to free climb 260 ft multiple times a day while wearing 25+ lbs of climbing gear under extraordinary weather conditions. Must be capable of rescuing team mate anywhere in tower in the event of emergency.
Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions.
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS:
· Expert on Vestas turbine engineering related tasks
· 1st and 2nd level support trouble shooting, fault analysis and investigation in collaboration with HQ Engineering.
· Liaison with Global engineering group for all Engineering related items;
· Remoted fault analysis and error investigation
· Develop, maintain and update work instructions as required for repairs to be used on sites in the US.
· Lead and support on all technical root cause analysis for component failures.
· Conduct repair reports to ensure repairs are performed with the appropriate process, materials, and quality of Deutsche Windtechnik.
· Analyze fleet performance data to increase mean time between errors.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops that are relevant to the wind industry.
· Support supply chain as needed to find qualified vendors for turbine parts in the US.
· Develop and implement the strategic and tactical plans necessary to achieve internal cost reduction goals
· Assist with any SCADA related in collaboration with HQ engineering.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE and Skills:
· Higher education or Bachelor degree in a relevant subject;
· At least 3 years wind technical experiences;
· A good knowledge of system design expanding technical knowledge;
· Strong health and safety knowledge and awareness;
· Valid driving license (NON CDL / CDL)
· Expert ability in creating written instruction.
· Excellent communication skill both written and verbal
· Must be able to pass a physical exam and drug/alcohol screening.
· Must be able to climb and work a top freestanding wind turbine towers that exceed 260 feet in height.
EQUIPMENT, MACHINES, TOOLS USED:
Fluke meter, Torque wrench, Crane Rigging Computer, SCADA System, Scanner, Printer, Cell phone, Copier, Fax machine,
DESCRIPTION OF WORK ENVIRONMENT:
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; particulate matter and outside weather conditions. The employee can be exposed to risks of electrical hazards. The employee is occasionally exposed to hazardous chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must be capable of lifting and/or moving up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee filling this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by management. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this job description. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Deutsche Windtechnik is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination.
Whenever employees are working, operating DWT supplied vehicles, on DWT premises, or are conducting DWT related work off-site, they are prohibited from:
Humble, United States