Team Leader Service (m/f)
Deutsche Windtechnik is a specialist in the technical maintenance of wind turbines. More than 1,500 employees ensure reliable plant operation around the clock – onshore and offshore, in Europe, Taiwan and the USA. Under the umbrella of Deutsche Windtechnik, we combine companies with different competencies with a focus on Nordex, Senvion, Fuhrländer, Vestas/NEG Micon, Siemens/AN Bonus, Gamesa and Enercon wind turbines. In addition to our full-service offer, we are also available for individual projects and components with our expertise.
We are currently looking for Team Leader Service (m/f) for our French branch in the area of Champagne-Ardenne or Lorraine
Working as part of the Service Team, the Service Site Manager shall be responsible for the daily operations; planning and coordinating the repairs and maintenance of the wind turbines in his/her area. The Service Site Manager manages a team of service technicians to ensure the completion of their allocated service tasks within the specified time frames and to the required standards.
The Service Site Manager reports to the Service Management on all operative tasks at site ensuring the turbines are maintained to the highest standard and meet the contractual availability for the wind farm. The Service Site Manager is aware of the Key Business KPIs and ensures the site team is working in a uniform way to achieve those KPIs.
- Working actively on turbine as a Lead Service Technician for repairs and maintenance activities
- As part of your team you will assist coordinate and execute scheduled servicing (preventive maintenance, regulatory inspection) and other repairs
- Dispatch, coordinate and supervise effectively and safely the Service Technician Teams
- Responsibility for high performance an availability of the dedicated wind farms
- Make decisions regarding site activities planning, execution and priorities on a daily basis
- Ensure efficient resource planning and steering of all dedicated technicians and subcontractors
- Ensure Deutsche Windtechnik health and safety procedures and quality requirements are followed
- Development of Service Technicians including annual appraisals, identification of training needs and delivery of on-site training and coaching on best practice to create and maintain a high-performance team
- Manage of material orders, receipt and return of spare parts (incl. regular inventory)
- Ensure effective two-way communication between Service Technicians and the Technical back-office
- Carry out management of the Service Technicians (timesheet, holidays, absence, etc.)
- Liaise on site contact professionally and effectively with customers (in association with the customer manager) and other Team Leaders.
- Internal follow up of turbines performance and quality of works
- Manage and monitor on site all aspects of health, safety and environment and technical requirements at the wind farm sites including daily HSE briefings and inductions
- Act as the first contact for all parties being active on site such as subcontractors, suppliers and any other personnel on site by building up a strong relationship with the aforementioned parties
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Service Technician (or at least 3 years industry applicable experience as Team Leader)
- Technical background with a High School Diploma or Bachelor’s
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills
- Good people management skills
- Valid Driver’s License
- Computer literate
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Work efficiently under pressure, juggle tasks and meet deadlines
- Hand’s on mentality
- Capacity to prioritize multiple projects and adjust work local accordingly
- Problem solving and judgment capabilities
- Ability to speak, read, comprehend and write in English as well as the ability to successfully participate in customer meetings
- Strong leadership and team management skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Health and safety awareness
- Flexible and willing to travel from time to time, including nights away from home
We offer ...
- Challenging and interesting tasks with good development opportunities in a dynamic business environment
- The opportunity to take on a leading role and to assist in the further development of an area
- Performance-based remuneration as well as subsidies for pensions and capital benefits
- A comprehensive and individual training for the best possible start
- A corporate culture where it's fun to bring strength and initiative to an interesting and forward-looking industry
- A motivated, successful team with short decision-making paths
Have we sparked your interest?
If so, we would like to get to know you!
For your application at Deutsche Windtechnik we provide you with our application platform.
Here you can enter your data and upload your application files quickly and straightforwardly. You reach the online application form by clicking on the button “Apply Now”. For the application process please keep the following documents ready: Motivational letter, CV and further documents.
We are looking forward to your application and wish you lots of success!
Deutsche Windtechnik X-Service GmbH on behalf of Deutsche Windtechnik SARL
Frau Stefanie Ballmann