Local Operations Manager - Central Scotland
The Local Operations Manager within the Operations Department will support the Regional Operations Leader in all aspect of leading their area and ensuring efficient, effective and professional running of their area at all times.
Effective communications, building relationships and expectations with all stakeholders across the business including Germany are vital.
Duties and responsibilities
The main duties and responsibilities of the role are:
- Ensure Health & Safety is the number one priority.
- Embed the company’s vision, mission and values;
- Develop, monitor and plan in conjunction with ROL (Regional Operations Leader), all service and maintenance plans for rota, all reactive maintenance, all retrofit and snagging plans to appropriate timelines and communicate with respective customers.
- Lead with all people management – Managing poor/high performance, appraisals, sickness issues, site issues and all relevant people issues. Lead, motivate, communicate and engage in an open and consistent way with all employees across their area.
- Manage efficiency of works in conjunction with year to date contractual availability appropriate to respective customers.
- Assist ROL (Regional Operations Leader), to ensure the effective operational management and development of your area in terms of client relationships, legal compliance and commercial issues.
- Take ownership of the supply chain process for your area - Ensure communications with stores are effective to ensure site stock levels and stock movements are effectual at all times. Consumption of parts must be completed weekly.
- Assess fault analysis on monthly basis on top fault errors in conjunction with Engineering (AE’s). Rotorsoft close out carried out immediately post work on WTG’s.
- Assist Dispatch with tool calibration dates and communicate.
- Liaise and coordinate vehicle management in conjunction with fleet manager (repairs/breakdown etc).
- Coordinate training, sickness, working time directives and annual leave to maximise contractual obligations.
- Collate and share information on best practice and drive continuous improvements/ quality standards.
- Ensure Stopped WTG tracker is collated, as per the process and any LD’s/ opportunities communicated immediately to the ROL for escalation to the risk and opportunity matrix.
- Deliver agreed financial targets and budgets/reports and all monthly KPIs.
- Strong leadership experience
- Excellent understanding of the wind turbine safety rules
- Building effective relationships with all key stakeholder
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent communication and team working skills.
- Natural decision-maker, able to exercise judgement and take responsibility for the consequences of actions and decisions
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to manage change and constantly challenge the status quo
- Determined and resilient, with the drive to complete tasks
We offer ...
• Private Pension
• Health Insurance
• Company events
• Challenging and interesting tasks with good development opportunities in a dynamic business environment
• A comprehensive and individual training for the best possible start
Have we sparked your interest?
If so, we would like to get to know you!
Apply online at: https://www.deutsche-windtechnik.com/jobs
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications we are unable to get in contact with all applicants. If you have not heard from us within three weeks of applying, please assume that your application has not been successful.