Head of Operations
The Head of Operations is responsible for setting the strategy, direction and coordination of the organisation. They are also responsible for overseeing that the day-to-day contractual service obligations are met, ensuring smooth running of the sites and department.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the successful applicant will have direct accountability for the functioning, effectiveness, productivity and output quality of the Operations Department.
United Kingdom – Regular weekly travel expected to Head office, Edinburgh and across UK
The main duties and responsibilities of the role include:
- Set and lead the strategy, ensuring it achieves and exceeds service objectives and targets while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction and employee engagement.
- Ensure the Operations Department vision is executed with full regard to the site contracts and statutory regulations.
- Take a helicopter view to ensure the department is as effective and efficiently planned and monitor the day-to-day running of business to ensure smooth progress.
- Responsible for ensuring that direct reports are trained on and effectively implement human interaction skills that result in improved teamwork, collaboration and motivation.
- Execute plans designed to meet company goals by changing policies and coaching employees.
- Oversee the financial budgets. Driving operational efficiency and service, ensuring optimum cost/income ratio
- Assist on effective change management and continuous improvement driving best practice forward.
- Identify and demonstrate effective leadership values and styles in achieving personal and company goals.
- Build effective relationships and teamwork at all levels as identified in current company competencies.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, and deliver effective presentations.
- Demonstrate effective influencing skills to proactively influence stakeholders to ensure business objectives are achieved
- Demonstrate knowledge of internal business processes (Financial Systems, Supply Chain) and their interrelationships to ensure focus in on a common goal.
- Demonstrate a clear focus on safety, and a proven track record of incorporating a safety culture in a complex environment.
- Previous experience of working in a leadership position
- Typically, you will have had experience of a leadership role in the Renewables Industry
- Ability to coach and influence others
- Demonstrate strong resilience in the face of challenge
- Ability to communicate with all levels in the company
- Experience in customer liaison and customer service
- Proficiency in MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access
- Self-motivated and resourceful, with the proven ability to multi-task and operate successfully under tight deadlines and time pressure
- Teamwork, collaboration and willingness to take over responsibility independently
- Proven business capability with strong financial and commercial skills
- Strong customer relationship skills with an ability to drive growth and new business
- Excellent financial acumen with strong P&L, balance sheet and cash focus
- A pragmatic approach to solve problems
- Extremely organised with a strong ability to multi task
- High level of integrity and motivation
- Professional ‘can do’ attitude
- Strong people skills with the ability to remain impartial and fair
- Be self-confident and possess strong leadership skills
- Resilience, resourcefulness and ability to influence at all levels, including MD and board level on decisions which can impact the bottom line
We offer ...
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a pension scheme, and private health insurance.
Have we sparked your interest?
If so, we would like to get to know you!
Apply online at: https://www.deutsche-windtechnik.com/jobs Or send a copy of your CV to: Careerfirstname.lastname@example.org
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications we are unable to get in contact with all applicants. If you have not heard from us within three weeks of applying, please assume that your application has not been successful.