We look forward to receiving your application
Deutsche Windtechnik is Germany’s largest Independent Service Provider, offering a comprehensive service package for Wind Turbine Generators (WTG) from one single source.
What makes us stand out from other service companies? We offer everything from A to Z and match that with a passion for all technical services related to wind power. The objective of our engineers and technicians is to individually increase efficiency and to keep availability high at all times. It is our objective to achieve the best-possible technical operation for our client’s systems and in turn offer cost-effective solutions.
We do everything possible to keep the wind turbines up and running and improve their performance, for the long term.
Deutsche Windtechnik is in its fourth year of operations in the United States, and is headquartered just outside Houston, TX. As the largest and most reputable independent service provider in Germany, it is our objective to transfer and improve the same level of quality, safety, efficiency and customer service to the US market. Deutsche Windtechnik aims to become the strongest independent service provider in the US within the next 5 years, and you can be part of this success!
Position Title: Procurement Associate
Location: Humble, TX Date Revised: January 10th, 2022
FLSA Status: Non-exempt Reports To: Supply Chain Manager
Typically 8am – 4:30pm, Monday through Friday. Usually 40 hours/week with 30 minutes lunch break unless other arrangements have been agreed to by the employer and the employee.
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS:
• Responsible for purchasing tasks including but not limited to:
o Fulfilling of purchase requisitions
o Entering of purchase orders
o Negotiating pricing with vendors and getting competitive quotes from vendors for various material needs
o Sourcing new vendors
o Setting up new vendors in the ERP system
o Leading the structuring of quotes received
• Support inventory management
• Supporting in updating QuickBooks system for increased efficiency
• Ordering and managing office orders
• Wearing the proper safety equipment when in the warehouse
• Reading and comprehend labels to ensure proper processing
• Following safety rules at all times
• On occasion:
o Preparing orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in delivery area in coordination with Warehouse Manager
o Assisting receiving, including unloading trucks and checking in merchandise, sorting and placing materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to organizational standards
o Handling packages without dropping or other brisk movements that could damage them
o Assisting with site transition process
o Assisting with onboarding new team members
o Maintaining safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and workstations neat, Sweep, dust and mop. Organizing warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times
o Assisting other departments as needed
o May also assist in counting of physical inventory
o Travel as needed (Up to 10%)
DEUTSCHE WINDTECHNIK CULTURE:
At Deutsche-Windtechnik, what sets us apart is our intense focus on our customer, employees and culture. Our Mission is to be the most trusted O&M partner to wind farm owners while our Vision is to empower the Americas’ achievement of 100% renewable energy, one wind turbine at a time. How to we accomplish this? By building a team and a culture with the core values that are Transparent, Innovative, Guiding (advisor and partner), Efficient (cost conscious) and Rapid (agile and bold).
• Ability to comprehend and follow instructions
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as purchase requisitions, quotes, and procedures manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to understand and follow customary instructions to perform the essential functions of the position in a satisfactory manner.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in varying standardized situations that require flexibility and quick adjustment.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision, given proper instructions.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• 1-2 years previous procurement experience preferred
• Experience in a complex supply chain industry preferred
• Previous QuickBooks experience advantageous
• Good communication, organization, and time management
• Dependable and reliable
• Inventory, equipment maintenance, data entry and computer skills required
• Valid Driver’s License
• Excellent driving record
• Forklift license a plus
• Willingness to perform repetitive task
• Regularly lift and/or move objects 10-50lbs occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 75 lbs
• Frequently required to sit, stand, and walk
• Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl or balance
• Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus
• On occasion handle physically demanding movements like pushing, pulling, bending down and lifting of packages
EQUIPMENT, MACHINES, TOOLS USED:
Forklift, printer, telephone, copier.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Duties are performed in a warehouse environment with ceiling fans but not climate controlled.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee filling this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by management. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this job description. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Deutsche Windtechnik is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination.
Humble, United States