We look forward to receiving your application
Site Wind Technician II – Siemens 2.3
Deutsche Windtechnik is Germany’s largest Independent Service Provider, offering a comprehensive service package for Wind Turbine Generators (WTG) from one single source.
What makes us stand out from other service companies? We offer everything from A to Z and match that with a passion for all technical services related to wind power. The objective of our engineers and technicians is to individually increase efficiency and to keep availability high at all times. It is our objective to achieve the best-possible technical operation for our client’s systems and in turn offer cost-effective solutions.
We do everything possible to keep the wind turbines up and running and improve their performance, for the long term.
Deutsche Windtechnik is in its third year of operations in the United States, and is headquartered just outside Houston, TX with a Customer Service Office in San Angelo, TX. As the largest and most reputable independent service provider in Germany, it is our objective to transfer and improve the same level of quality, safety, efficiency and customer service to the US market. Deutsche Windtechnik aims to become the strongest independent service provider in the US within the next 5 years, and you can be part of this success!
Position Title: Site Technician
Location : Roscoe, TX
Turbines: Siemens 2.3
Date Revised: July 8th, 2020
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Site Manager
Typically form 7am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday, some weekends and shift work. Usually 40 hours/week with 30 minutes / 1 hour lunch break unless arrangements have been agreed to by the employer and the employee. 10- 20% Travel required.
This is a skilled position; Employees in this role perform maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of wind turbine mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems, understands schematics and uses appropriate diagnostic tools. The successful candidate will interpret fault reports, maintain power generation reports, service logs in the computer database, and monitor turbine performance.
SERVICE TECHNICIAN 2 SUMMARY:
Service Technician 2 is expected to have an expanded knowledge of documentation to include drawings, schematics, and associated work procedures, electrical and mechanical maintenance and much of the mechanical equipment utilized in overall power plant operations. By this time, it will be an expectation of the Service Technician 2 to be able to work independently on many electrical and mechanical components. Service Technician 2 should possess good Troubleshooting skills and should be able to perform retrofits. Service Technician 2 should possess the skills to become a team member for Main Component change outs. Service Technician 2 should be able to serve in the capacity of work leader in the Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) program.
DEUTSCHE WINDTECHNIK CULTURE:
At Deutsche-Windtechnik what sets us apart is our intense focus on our customer, employees and culture. Our Mission is To be the most trusted O&M partner to wind farm owners while Our Vision is to empower the Americas‘ achievement of 100% renewable energy, one wind turbine at a time. How to we accomplish this? By building a team and a culture with the core values that are Transparent, Innovative, Guide (advisor and partner), Efficient (cost conscious) and Rapid (agile and bold).
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Ability to understand and follow customary instructions in order to perform the essential functions of the position in a satisfactory manner.
· Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics.
· Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision, given proper instructions.
PHYSICAL DEMAND CLASSIFICATION:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must be capable of lifting and/or moving up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Employee must be physically fit enough to free climb 250 ft multiple times a day while wearing 25+ lbs of climbing gear under extraordinary weather conditions. Must be capable of rescuing team mate anywhere in tower in the event of emergency. Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions.
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS:
· The provision of preventative and corrective maintenance on Siemens 2.3 wind turbines as per DWT instructions.
· Completion of all relevant paperwork, including work order cards, checklists, AWPs etc.
· Ensure all health and safety procedures are followed
· Performs Scheduled Maintenance as required.
· Performs Unscheduled maintenance consisting of troubleshooting on mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems
· Replacement of major turbine components e.g. generators and gearboxes
· Assist in all areas of site operations
· Provide safe access and egress to all people in the work party
· Establish and maintain general safety from the system /Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO)
· Comply with Deutsche-Windtechnik Policies and Procedures and customer site rules
· Report all incidents and occurrences as per Deutsche Windtechnik Company Health and Safety policy.
· Performs routine preventive maintenance on wind turbine mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems, troubleshooting and repairs (under direction and supervision, if needed).
· Recognizes occurrences of wind turbine error codes and appropriately reports the problem.
· Assists with removal and installation of wind turbine mechanical, electrical and hydraulic components.
· Assists with heavy equipment (crane) rigging and directing.
· Performs wind turbine controller maintenance and repair.
· Completes required reports and other paperwork, some of which require computer entry.
· Assists with high-voltage system maintenance and repair.
· Maintains adherence to Company policies, safety standards and good housekeeping practices.
· Maintains proper care of Company tools and vehicles.
· Demonstrates the ability to learn advanced troubleshooting and repair of the wind turbines.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
· High School Graduate / GED
· Associates Degree or Equivalent Experience
· 2- 4 years’ experience as a Wind Turbine Technician
· Valid driving license (NON CDL / CDL)
· Must be able to pass a physical exam and drug/alcohol screening.
· Must be able to climb and work a top freestanding wind turbine towers that exceed 250 feet in height.
EQUIPMENT, MACHINES, TOOLS USED:
Electrical Testing Equipment, Torque Wrench, Crane Rigging, Scada Systems, Computer, Computer Software, Scanner, Printer, Telephone, Copier, Fax Machine
DESCRIPTION OF WORK ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; particulate matter and outside weather conditions. The employee can be exposed to risks of electrical hazards. The employee is occasionally exposed to hazardous chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee filling this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by management. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this job description. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Deutsche Windtechnik is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination.
Roscoe, United States