We look forward to receiving your application
Director of O&M
Deutsche Windtechnik is the largest Independent Service Provider, offering a comprehensive service package for Wind Turbine Generators (WTG) from one single source.
What makes us stand out from other service companies? We offer everything from A to Z and match that with a passion for all technical services related to wind power. The objective of our engineers and technicians is to individually increase efficiency and to keep availability high at all times. It is our objective to achieve the best-possible technical operation for our client’s systems and in turn offer cost-effective solutions.
We do everything possible to keep the wind turbines up and running and improve their performance, for the long term.
Deutsche Windtechnik is in its third year of operations in the United States, and is headquartered just outside Houston, TX. As the largest and most reputable independent service provider in Germany, it is our objective to transfer and improve the same level of quality, safety, efficiency and customer service to the US market. Deutsche Windtechnik aims to become the strongest independent service provider in the US within the next 5 years, and you can be part of this success!
Position Title: Director of O&M
Location: Preferably Houston, TX (remote location possible) with travel throughout the United States, and potentially to Canada or Europe
Date Revised: October 5th, 2021
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Vice President Operations
Full-time, typically between the hours of 8am – 5pm, Monday through Friday. Flexibility to work weekends and/or evenings to fulfill job duties is expected.
The Director of O&M is responsible for the overall management of strategic and operational activities for O&M projects under long term service agreements in customer wind farms and potentially other clean power plants in the future. This includes scheduled and unscheduled maintenance work, out of scope transactional work, inspection work, the monitoring of subcontractors with regard to crane, mechanical, electrical, and other work. Additionally, the Director of O&M is responsible for developing mid-term and long-term strategic planning for all O&M site operations. This will include business plans, hiring strategies, development of strategic capabilities, and contributions to new site setup.
DEUTSCHE WINDTECHNIK CULTURE:
At Deutsche-Windtechnik, what sets us apart is our intense focus on our customer, employees and culture. Our Mission is to be the most trusted O&M partner to wind farm owners while our Vision is to empower the Americas’ achievement of 100% renewable energy, one wind turbine at a time. How to we accomplish this? By building a team and a culture with the core values that are Transparent, Innovative, Guiding (advisor and partner), Efficient (cost conscious) and Rapid (agile and bold).
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as contracts, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
· Ability to write reports, business plans, and internal and client-oriented correspondence.
· Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions in order to perform the essential functions of the position in a satisfactory manner.
· Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in non-standardized and fast-paced situations.
· Ability to work without supervision
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT CLASSIFICATION:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, bend and sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must be capable of lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS:
· Uphold safety and quality standards (promptly addressing any identified safety deficits)
· Maintain current business and develop growth opportunities
· Liaise with team leads, as well as site supervisors, field technicians, and engineers as needed for daily, weekly, and monthly reports
· Deliver results today, while positioning/ growing to deliver improved results in the future.
· Monitor site spending and revenue margins
· Lead the development of the Annual Business plan to drive improvement, advancement and innovation.
· P&L responsibility for O&M projects
· Calculate and approve budgets for new business opportunities
· Monitor transactional spending for work performed on client sites
· Meet project and service requirements, including budget, schedule, and performance goals
· Act as customer point of contact for service operations
· Implement and ensure compliance of policies and procedures (HR, Technical, and Health and Safety)
· Liaise with all areas of the company
· Support Sales in business growth and lead new O&M project start up
· Manage and administer all subcontractors and partner contractors to ensure success
· Manage resources at central operations as well as at multiple sites across the US and interfacing with headquarters.
· Drive and inspire continuous improvement with the aim to lower cost of energy
· Continuously monitor inside and outside the industry for trends, best practices and professional standards evolution to provide wind energy services
· Develop business plans and implement new revenue streams and services
· Review and approve expense forms and timesheets for direct reports
· Ensure customer service and satisfaction
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
· Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline or similar degree/ experience required
· Minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience in Wind Energy Service Operations with project planning, execution, and history of improvements
· Strong business acumen, ability to run O&M projects as a business for DWT
· Highly familiar with site management structure in the US for complex technical projects in the clean power industry
· Strong knowledge and appreciation of the technical, commercial, and political aspects driving the wind industry
· Very strong interpersonal, management, and organizational skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Strong team building capability and leadership skills to advance the unit and the organization
· Investment, risk- taking, initiative into uncharted territory for the business
· Pro-active attitude
· High level of motivation
· Ability to think and work independently
· Technical qualifications from the industry preferred
· Relevant industry network
EQUIPMENT, MACHINES, TOOLS USED:
High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and operation of office equipment (computers, tablets, cell phone, copier, etc.)
DESCRIPTION OF WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Duties performed in a climate-controlled office environment, with frequent visits to operational sites where there may be exposure to the elements.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee filling this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by management. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this job description. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Deutsche Windtechnik is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination.
Through UnitedHealthcare, UMR and HealthSCOPE Benefits creates and publishes the Machine-Readable Files on behalf of Deutsche Windtechnik.
To link to the Machine-Readable Files, please click on the URL provided: https://transparency-in-coverage.uhc.com/
Humble, United States