We look forward to receiving your application
Sr E-Learning Developer
Deutsche Windtechnik is Germany’s largest Independent Service Provider, offering a comprehensive service package for Wind Turbine Generators (WTG) from one single source.
What makes us stand out from other service companies? We offer everything from A to Z and match that with a passion for all technical services related to wind power. The objective of our engineers and technicians is to individually increase efficiency and to keep availability high at all times. It is our objective to achieve the best-possible technical operation for our client’s systems and in turn offer cost-effective solutions.
We do everything possible to keep the wind turbines up and running and improve their performance, for the long term.
Deutsche Windtechnik is in its third year of operations in the United States, and is headquartered just outside Houston, TX. As the largest and most reputable independent service provider in Germany, it is our objective to transfer and improve the same level of quality, safety, efficiency and customer service to the US market. Deutsche Windtechnik aims to become the strongest independent service provider in the US within the next 5 years, and you can be part of this success!
Position Title: Sr E-Learning Developer
Location: Humble, TX
Date Revised: July 28th, 2021
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Training and Development Manager
This position is full-time, typically between the hours of 8am – 4:30pm, Monday through Friday.
As an e-Learning developer, you will design and implement the structure of online courses using e-Learning tools, such as instructional software and applications. Your duties and responsibilities are to make the lessons visually appealing and engaging while effectively conveying the lessons to other employees. You will help the company design instructional tools and solutions for employee training.
You will also work as an instructional designer, designing the broad outlines of courses, researching pedagogical approaches and determining what types of skills or knowledge the learner needs to know based on information and feedback from subject matter experts (SME).
Video creation and editing will be required at times to support the eLearning development, company vlogs and other communications.
This role also supports our onboarding of new personnel as required.
Lastly, you will work as a learning management system (LMS) administrator in cooperation with the Training Coordinator by providing technical leadership and support of Deutsche Windtechnik’s LMS. This position is responsible for sustaining, designing, development, implementation, delivery, maintenance of content, assets, and other resources used for instructional functions.
DEUTSCHE WINDTECHNIK CULTURE:
At Deutsche-Windtechnik, what sets us apart is our intense focus on our customer, employees and culture. Our Mission is to be the most trusted O&M partner to wind farm owners while our Vision is to empower the Americas’ achievement of 100% renewable energy, one wind turbine at a time. How to we accomplish this? By building a team and a culture with the core values that are Transparent, Innovative, Guiding (advisor and partner), Efficient (cost conscious) and Rapid (agile and bold).
· Ability to read and interpret guidelines such as company processes.
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Ability to understand and follow customary instructions to perform the essential functions of the position in a satisfactory manner.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, bend and sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must be capable of lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds. Possess the physical ability to assist with the delivery of training under supervision.
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS:
· Deliver learning products from relevant materials, storyboard documentation, subject matter experts, and other project team members to design & develop effective interactive learning material
· Work with clients’ and internal subject matter experts, under the supervision of the training manager to create training materials and performance improvement products
· Design and develop engaging, innovative, interactive and effective learning modules that combine multimedia elements (text, infographics, images, video) into courses based on sound principles of adult learning theory and instructional design models, using Articulate 360 and the Adobe Creative Suite (including Adobe Premiere Pro for videos)
· Design instructional presentations, which includes handouts, workbooks, and attachments
· Develop and maintain SCORM compliant content and other technical compliance requirements, as mandated, for both instructor-led and/or e-Learning
· Leverage rapid, agile content development techniques and processes in a rapidly changing and highly regulated environment
· Maintain course design documentation throughout the development process; map learning outcomes to topics/content descriptions, and instructional methods
· Storyboard, design, develop, and edit course content using instructional design principles, research, and independent judgment regarding features such as layout, length, narration, audio, and video recording
· Troubleshoot course and LMS problems and implement solutions for technical issues with the application of learning offerings
· Apply instructional design project procedures and manage assigned work within the appropriate workflow management systems
· Identify, design and implement continuous improvement of end-to-end learning processes and offerings
· Apply expertise designing programs and curricula for global audiences working with virtual teams in a large matrix organization
· Pinpoint target audience, job tasks, learner environment, and existing content to identify appropriate instructional strategies
· Develop performance measures: criterion-referenced achievement tests, questionnaires, interviews, and simulation scenarios
· Design and develop learning solutions utilizing modern learning (student-centered) methods to ensure learning initiatives are constructed to produce the desired changes in behavior, attitude, knowledge, and skills needed to make a measurable business impact
· Utilize sound instructional design methodologies to create complex (e.g., guided discovery, case method, problem-based, game-based, competency-based approaches), high-quality user interface modules and innovative (formal, informal, blended) instructional materials and learning solutions
· Utilize video, sound equipment and editing software to generate videos for eLearning modules as well as other company communications
· Perform other duties as assigned by the training manager. This role is designed to support other initiatives and departments as required by the business
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
· 3 years of experience in a similar role preferred, or a combination of knowledge and experience with coordinating and administrating at departmental level.
· High school diploma required, college degree in a relevant field preferred
· Strong knowledge of MS Office products (Word, Power Point and Excel) required
· Flexibility to travel 10-20% of the time as required
· Experience using an LMS (Learning Management System)
· Excellent presentation and writing skills
· Team player attitude
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Ability to present in front of small to medium sized groups
· Strong planning and organizational skills
EQUIPMENT, MACHINES, TOOLS USED:
Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)Articulate Storyline, video/audio editing software and operation of office equipment (computers, tablets, cell phone, copier, etc.)
DESCRIPTION OF WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Duties are performed in a climate-controlled office environment, and occasionally in a non-climate-controlled warehouse setting. Employee may be requested to engage in travel by car to worksites and work outdoors, with exposure to the elements.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee filling this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by management. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this job description. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Deutsche Windtechnik is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination.
Humble, United States