Wählen Sie Ihr Land:
Choose your country:
Wybierz swój kraj:
Choose your country:
Choose your country:
Choisissez votre pays:
Elija su país:
Según el idioma de su navegador, le recomendamos la siguiente versión de esta página web:
Deutsche Windtechnik is Germany’s largest Independent Service Provider, offering a comprehensive service package for Wind Turbine Generators (WTG) from one single source.
What makes us stand out from other service companies? We offer everything from A to Z and match that with a passion for all technical services related to wind power. The objective of our engineers and technicians is to individually increase efficiency and to keep availability high at all times. It is our objective to achieve the best-possible technical operation for our client’s systems and in turn offer cost-effective solutions.
We do everything possible to keep the wind turbines up and running and improve their performance, for the long term.
Deutsche Windtechnik is in its fourth year of operations in the United States, and is headquartered just outside Houston, TX. As the largest and most reputable independent service provider in Germany, it is our objective to transfer and improve the same level of quality, safety, efficiency and customer service to the US market. Deutsche Windtechnik aims to become the strongest independent service provider in the US within the next 5 years, and you can be part of this success!
SCHEDULE: Typically 7 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday, some weekends and non-standard shift work may occasionally be needed. Usually 40 hours/week with 30 minutes / 1 hour lunch break unless arrangements have been agreed to by the employer and the employee. 10% Travel required.
This is a managerial position. In this role, you will oversee performed maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of wind turbine mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems. The successful candidate will be responsible for site customer relations, the site budget, site technicians, reporting, service logs, and overall optimization of turbine performance.
SITE MANAGER SUMMARY
The Site Manager will be able to manage all duties needed on the wind farm, and will need to have a strong understanding of site operations. The successful Site Manager will provide leadership and technical direction at all times, while maintaining an excellent customer relationship and demonstrating advanced leadership and management skills.
DEUTSCHE WINDTECHNIK CULTURE: At Deutsche Windtechnik, what sets us apart is our intense focus on our customer, employees and culture. Our Mission is to be the most trusted O&M partner to wind farm owners while our Vision is to empower the Americas’ achievement of 100% renewable energy, one wind turbine at a time. How to we accomplish this? By building a team and a culture with the core values that are Transparent, Innovative, Guiding (advisor and partner), Efficient (cost conscious) and Rapid (agile and bold).
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
· Ability to understand and follow customary instructions in order to perform the essential functions of the position in a satisfactory manner.
· Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics.
· Ability to read and understand site P&L.
· Ability to solve complex problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision, given proper instructions.
· Enthusiastic leadership skills
· Ability to lead by example
· Leading with and without authority
PHYSICAL DEMAND CLASSIFICATION: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must be capable of lifting and/or moving up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Employee must be physically fit enough to free climb 250 ft multiple times a day while wearing 25+ lbs of climbing gear under extraordinary weather conditions. Must be capable of rescuing team mate anywhere in tower in the event of emergency. Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions.
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS:
· Provide preventative and corrective maintenance on NEG MICON 72/1650 as per instructions
· Direct all wind farm operations at the site for maintenance and repair, focusing on customer relations, performance and profitability
· Work with engineering and draw upon experience to develop strategy for improved maintenance, diagnostics and operation to provide additional customer value and reduce cost of service
· Recognize occurrences of wind turbine error codes and appropriately report the problem to engineering colleagues
· Direct the performance of the site team within assigned contractual scope to customer
· Demonstrate responsibility for all phases of timely financial reporting, maintenance/repair, and availability of turbines
· Maintain adherence to company policies, safety standards and good housekeeping practices
· Maintain proper care of all company assets and supervise the team to ensure proper care for truck, tools, and other resources.
· Write routine reports and correspondence
· Work closely with internal team members to develop and implement operationally focused feedback for configuration, planned and unplanned maintenance, and financials
· Complete all relevant paperwork, including service orders, checklists, AWPs etc.
· Ensure all health and safety procedures are followed by colleagues and external contractors
· Plan replacement of major turbine components e.g. generators and gearboxes
· Assign troubleshooting with site lead on mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems
· Assist in all areas of site operations
· Prepare monthly reports for senior management and customer
· Comply with internal policies and procedures and customer site rules
· Report all incidents and occurrences as per Deutsche Windtechnik Health and Safety policy
· Oversee and take ownership of the financial performance of the project (P&L)
· Hire the project team
· Serve as direct line manager for all site personnel
· Ensure compliance with DWT quality program
· Develop site personnel/ subordinates
· Ensure high capture rate on out of scope service opportunities
EQUIPMENT, MACHINES, TOOLS USED:
Electrical Testing Equipment, Torque Wrench, Crane Rigging, SCADA Systems, Computer, Computer Software, Scanner, Printer, Telephone, Copier, Fax Machine
DESCRIPTION OF WORK ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; particulate matter and outside weather conditions. The employee can be exposed to risks of electrical hazards. The employee is occasionally exposed to hazardous chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE and Skills:
· High School Graduate / GED
· Bachelor’s or equivalent experience
· 3- 5 years’ experience in the wind industry with a minimum of 2 years of managerial experience.
· Valid driving license (NON CDL / CDL)
· Advanced MS Office skills required
· Must be able to pass a physical exam and drug/alcohol screening
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee filling this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by management. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this job description. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement Deutsche Windtechnik is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination.
Whenever employees are working, operating DWT supplied vehicles, on DWT premises, or are conducting DWT related work off-site, they are prohibited from:
Using, possessing, buying, selling, manufacturing or dispensing an illegal drug (to include possession of drug paraphernalia);
Having alcohol or an illegal drug in their system; and
Possessing or consuming alcohol.
Through UnitedHealthcare, UMR and HealthSCOPE Benefits creates and publishes the Machine-Readable Files on behalf of Deutsche Windtechnik.
To link to the Machine-Readable Files, please click on the URL provided: https://transparency-in-coverage.uhc.com/